Want to learn how to connect a subwoofer to an old receiver for optimal sound? Most modern receivers have a subwoofer output on the back of the receiver. This makes things simple. But, if you don’t have newer equipment you will need to know how to connect a subwoofer to an old receiver. This requires more steps, but it is still not hard.
You will need the following
- Old receiver
- Two main speakers in the front
- Four speaker wires, two of which are long enough to reach from the receiver to the subwoofer, the other two which are long enough to reach from the subwoofer to each of the main front speakers. Note: You may need speaker wire that has RCA jacks or you may need wires with bare ends. This depends on your setup.
- Power the equipment down and unplug the receiver and the subwoofer (if powered).
- On the back of the receiver, find the left and right front speaker terminals or outputs.
- Connect one speaker wire to each terminal, the left and the right.
- Connect subwoofer to an old receiver by connecting the opposite ends of these wires to the left and right channel inputs on the subwoofer.
- Connect the remaining two speaker wires to the left and right channel outputs on the subwoofer.
- Connect the opposite ends of those wires to the respective speakers, left speaker out on the subwoofer to the left front speaker and the right speaker out to the right front speaker.
Once you connect the subwoofer and the front speakers together, power back up and adjust volume and tone to your liking.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …