Learning how to connect two televisions to one receiver is actually a very simple process. It's a matter of having the proper adapters, if necessary, and the right splitter to meet your entertainment needs.
- Decide what equipment you need. To find the type of equipment you need, look on the back of your television. Find the port that says "input." Sometimes these are what is known as "RCA jacks," and sometimes it is a coaxial cable jack, meaning it will have a male threaded shaft coming out of it. If both of the televisions are the same, then you will not need any adapters. If they are two different types, then you will need to purchase a splitter to split the signal as well as an adapter to be able to plug the cables into the splitter. You will also need to look on the receiver to find what type of port it has on the "output" area.
- Purchase the equipment. The main idea is to make sure that you are able to connect to all necessary ports. Buy the adapters that you need so that all cables can plug in. You will need to purchase a splitter as well as adapters as needed in order to connect two televisions to one receiver.
- Begin at the receiver. The first thing you are going to do is connect the splitter to a receiver so that you can connect your two televisions to one receiver. Connect the splitter to the receiver by connecting the "output" port on the receiver to the "input" port of the splitter.
- Connect the splitter to the televisions. Now that your splitter has something connected to it to receive a signal from, you will need to give it something to send the signal to. Connect the "output" ports of the receiver to the "input" ports of the televisions to be connected. In this manner, you should be able to watch two different programs on each television.
- Split from the television. You can also connect two televisions to one receiver by connecting a cable from the "output" port of one television to the "input" port of another television. Please note that if you use this method, both televisions will be showing the same program.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.