Those who bring home either Rock Band or Guitar Hero for the first time may not be aware how to connect Wii to drums. Like a regular controller, the drums need to sync with the console before it can be used. This process will require a small bit of assembly on the Nintendo Wii platform, but should only take a few moments.
To connect the Wii to drums, you will need:
- A Wii
A set of Rock Band or Guitar Hero drums
- Locate the wireless receiver that came with the drums. In the box should be a small, rectangular shaped receiver, also known as a dongle. The dongle will need to be used every time you want to play, because the Wii doesn't come with any configuration for real wireless transmission, outside of what the Wii remote contains.
- Plug the dongle into the Wii. Attached to the dongle is a USB plug which can easily be inserted into one of the two ports. These are located on the Wii's backside, allowing the dongle to keep out of the way. When it is properly plugged in, it should be indicated by a flashing light on the receiver. This means it is currently searching for the drums.
- Turn on the console and the drums. Press the power button on the front face of the Wii and the drum symbol on the drums. Don't be alarmed about the fact that the dongle doesn't recognize the drums, at this point it still isn't sure where to connect just yet.
- Press the sync button on the Wii. Depending on the dongle, the sync button may be near the light. However, in most cases, the sync button will be located in the front of the Wii. Open the little door near the CD slot and press the red button hiding behind it.
- Press the drum symbol on the drums. Make sure to press this button very shortly after pressing the sync button. This will cause the light to continue flashing until it recognizes the drum set, after which the light will remain solid. With that, you've connected the Wii to the drums and are all set to hit that Dream Theatre solo four minutes into the song.
You only need to connect the Wii to drums the first time they are used on a console. However, in the event that you have to buy a new Wii and want to use the same instruments, you will have to repeat the process of connecting the Wii. Additionally, you do not actually need to have the "Rock Band" or "Guitar Hero" disc in the system when connecting the Wii to the drums, though it would be useful so you can ensure they are connected properly and all of the buttons are recognized.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.