So you are traveling and decide to bring your Xbox 360 with you and want to connect to Xbox Live at a hotel. Do not fret! We can actually help with that conundrum. When trying to connect to wireless service at a hotel, the issue that most people have is they cannot log into the wireless service from the Xbox 360. Most hotels will give you a username and password to access wireless service. You will have to enter that information into a website dedicated to the hotel's wireless service. Another issue you can run into is not having a wireless setup for the Xbox 360. Luckily there is a way around this.
You will need:
- Xbox 360 console
- Laptop with networking card
- Access to the hotel’s wireless service
- A crossover ethernet cable
- You will have to get access to the hotel’s wireless service by requesting a user name and password. Once you have the information, go ahead and turn on your laptop.
- Go into the Network and Sharing Center and click on your Network Connection. Click on "Properties" and then "Advanced." Put a checkmark in the box that allows other devices to connect through the laptop. Completing this step correctly is essential to connecting to Xbox Live at the hotel.
- Hook the crossover ethernet cable from your laptop to the Xbox 360. This should allow you to use Xbox Live at the hotel.
- Turn on your Xbox 360 and connect to Xbox Live. Now you are connected to Xbox Live at the hotel.
From old-school goggles and pumped-up kicks to tricked-out controllers and super-slim laptops, check out a few of our fa ...
Gamestop is having a virtually bone-crushing tournament on the crazy-realistic, latest iteration of John Madden football ...
In-flight pornography ahoy! American Airlines has finally stepped up to the plate and now offers internet access to ...