How To Consolidate Debt With Bad Credit
Want to learn about how to consolidate debt with bad credit? Your options are more limited when you consolidate debt with bad credit. It's not as easy to qualify for a loan or credit card. When you do qualify it's not likely that the amount you qualify for will cover the entire amount of your debt. However, there are options, and you can consolidate your monthly payments.
In order to consolidate debt with bad credit you will need:
- Your monthly bills
- Your credit report
- Internet access
- Gather all of your monthly bills. In order to consolidate debt with bad credit, you need to be aware of how much money you actually owe. Put all of this information together so that you can access it easily.
- Obtain your credit report from all three major credit bureaus. Your credit bureau reports can differ from agency to agency, so having all three of them in front of you is important. This way you'll have a list of everything you owe. Credit reports can be ordered either online or by phone.
- Make a list of the money you owe and what company you owe it to. Jot down the company's name, address and telephone number as well.
- Visit your favorite search engine and type in "debt consolidation companies." Consolidation companies will take all of the money you owe, make arrangements to have them paid and distribute the money you pay to the companies. This enables you to pay one monthly payment and often saves you money on finance charges.
- Look through the results until you find a company that will not charge you a monthly fee for consolidating your debt. Some companies charge extra, but there are non-profit organizations out there that help people consolidate their debt.
- Supply the company with all of the information the need. They need to know how much money you owe, and whom you owe it to. They may also need the address and phone number of your creditors. Often companies require paperwork to be filled out that allows them to negotiate on your behalf.