It is quite easy how to contact someone on Twitter. Interaction between friends and colleagues is key to build your network and keep up with the latest trends. Use methods such as replies, direct messages and website information to communicate with them.
You will need the following:
- Twitter account
- Twitter application, such as HootSuite, TweetDeck, etc. (optional)
- Send an @reply to the person. Contact someone on Twitter easily by sending a reply. In the status box, place @ before the person's Twitter name and type your message. It will post on your Twitter page, but the person will find it on his mentions page. This technique also works when texting to Twitter and the applications.
- Click on "Reply." Whether you're accessing Twitter directly from the website or from various applications, such as TweetDeck and HootSuite, replying to someone or contacting someone is a click away. All of these applications have the option of replying to someone following a message on the person's picture or profile. Click where you see the word or icon for "Reply" and type your message in the status box.
- Send a direct message. Go to the person's profile and click on "Message @<person>" in the right-hand column. Go to your own inbox and use the drop down menu to find the persons name. When texting or using various applications, type "d" before the person's Twitter name, then follow with your message.
- Use information in the bio area to contact someone on Twitter. On profile pages, people have the option to include a website. Use this to find contact forms and email addresses. Do this in reverse: go to someone's website to find out what their Twitter username is to be able to contact them on Twitter.
- Remember that if something is posted as an @reply, anyone can read it unless your tweets are protected. Direct messages are private.
- You can only direct message someone who is following you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.