How To Continue A Conversation With A Girl
To know how to continue a conversation with a girl requires some creative thinking, practice and resilience. Men who are successful at talking with women only got that way after a lot of practice and being flirty and talkative by nature. There are a few steps and tips you can keep in mind so that the woman you’re trying to hone in on doesn’t give you the cold shoulder.
- Get her talking about herself. It’s no secret that a person’s favorite topic of conversation is him/herself. When you’re talking to a woman, ask about her background, interests, hobbies, etc. Not in a creepy, stalker-ish way, of course, but naturally, and with great interest. You’ll get her opening up and really letting parts of herself show, which will allow you to come back and relate your own stories to hers. To continue a conversation with a girl, be curious and kind, and she’ll be appreciative. Remember, women love men who are thoughtful and sensitive, and talking about her and not just you, shows that you have those traits.
- Be funny. We all know that women love men who can make them laugh. To continue a conversation with a girl you’ve got to show your witty and creative side and get her laughing. Get a sense of what kind of things she might find funny based on what you’ve learned about here—hint: sex jokes are probably not appropriate this early on—and work those into the conversation. Women typically like subtle, smart humor, as opposed to over-the-top gags. But if you get her laughing, odds are she’ll want to keep on talking.
- Compliment her. When in the course of casual conversation with a woman you work in a compliment or two, it will have a big impact on her, whether she immediately lets on or not. Don’t try too hard, or it will be obvious, and try to compliment things that guys don’t normally notice. For instance, you might tell her that her earrings and shirt go very nicely together, or that you find her style of hair particularly alluring. Women love to hear this kind of thing from men, so to continue a conversation with a girl, slip in some simple compliments to let her know you’ve noticed things that she hopes are noticed.
- Be diverse. Showing that you have a wide range of interests indicates that you are well-educated, well-read, and are open to learning about a variety of things. These traits are appealing to most women and to continue a conversation with a girl, your interests should be on full display, tactfully introduced. If you’re a one-note-willy, and that note happens to be anime or Big 10 basketball, you’re going to find yourself having trouble keeping the conversation going. But if you can talk a little bit about movies, a little bit about art, a little bit about music, a little bit about world affairs…you’re going to have much more success.
- Keep you exes where they belong…in the past. No girl wants to sit and hear you talk about your ex-girlfriends. It’s really a no-win situation for you and to continue a conversation with a girl, don’t do it. If you speak of them to highly, you sound like you’re still carrying the flame; if you speak too poorly, you sound bitter and angry. If you’re asked, be pleasant about them but not overly descriptive. If you’re not asked, don’t bring it up.