How To Control Remote Computer
There are several different ways to learn how to control a remote computer. Many of these can be complicated and time consuming to set up. One good program to do this is called Team Viewer. This is a free program as long as you use it for personal use and not commercial. To use this program, you will need to either have physical access to the computer you will use to control the remote computer, as well as the remote computer, or have someone at the remote computer to install the program for you. Follow these steps to learn to control a remote computer.
- Open your web browser and go to www.teamviewer.com. Click on the download tab at the top right of the page. Choose the operating system of the computer you are using to control the remote computer from the options.
- Click the download link on the first option in the list to install the full version of the program. When the installer finishes downloading to your computer, run it. Choose the option to install the program instead of run. Choose the option when prompted that you will use the program for personal use. Do not choose this option if you plan to use it for commercial use, as you are required to pay for the program in this case according to the company's policies.
- Follow the steps in the installer to complete the installation. The default options should work well, but are explained clearly so you can customize the installation if you want. Run the Teamviewer program after installation is complete using the desktop icon that is installed, or finding it in the program list.
- Install the program on the remote computer in the same way, or have someone else install it. If you are only going to use this program one however, you can choose the option in the installer initially to run the program instead of install it. This is faster than installing the program and is good for providing support.
- After installing and launching the program on the remote computer that you want to control, you have the option to set up permanent access to it. This option is available through a link on the program. This is best for setting up on a computer you own, or one that you plan to control remotely more than once to save time.