How To Control Sexual Urges
Many people may have difficulty figuring out how to control sexual urges. There are times in life when the need for sex can be overwhelming, and people may do almost anything to get it. Sometimes there may be reasons why this isn’t possible, or it may be undesirable, and in those situations, self-control is needed. Sexual urges can be especially difficult for men to control, so these tips should be helpful.
- Try getting some exercise. A lot of times this can help you get rid of excess energy, which helps to control sexual urges.
- Do something productive. Sometimes the drive for sex can be channeled into something else, like a project. If you get caught up in something else, you may find that your sexual urges dissipate pretty quickly.
- Take a cold shower. This is one of the classic methods of controlling sexual urges. The cold water can be bracing, and it will often help get your mind of sex. Some people also believe that it can also help moderate the physical aspects of arousal.
- Watch or read something with no sexual aspects. Maybe you could try watching sports or something similar. In some cases, all you need to control sexual urges is something to take your mind off sex.
- Look at pictures of something that turns your stomach. It’s kind of a gross way to control sexual urges, but it can potentially be very effective.
- Get out of the house and go somewhere. This is another way of getting your mind of sex. Try going to the store and shopping for something, or maybe you could go to a restaurant.