How To Convert Movies To An iPod
You have some movies on your computer and you want to know how to convert movies to an iPod. IPods are high technology equipment that not only stores music but also stores movies. In order to be able to play movies on your iPod you need a software program that can do this. There is a free program called iTunes that is easy to use and will work great with converting movies to your iPod. By following a few quick steps you will be able to convert movies to your iPod in no time.
To convert movies to an iPod you need:
- iPod USB cable
- Install iTunes on your computer. Download a free version of iTunes on the Apple website and then select download iTunes. Follow the prompts and steps for iTunes. The program will begin and direct you on how to completely download iTunes onto your computer.
- Connect your iPod to your computer. Connect one end of your iPod USB cable to your iPod port, which is usually located at the bottom of your iPod. Connect the other end of your iPod USB cable into the correct port on your computer.
- Open the iTunes on your computer. Click on the start menu on your computer. Go to the "File" and select "Add to Library." Click "Open" once you find the movie file that you want to transfer to your iPod.
- Convert the movie file to play on your iPod. Find and select the movie that you just added to iTunes. Go to "Advanced" menu and from their select "Create iPod Version." Your movie file will now be converted and formatted to play on the iPod.
- Sync the movie to the iPod. On the iTunes window under the "Devices" list, click the name of your iPod. Under the "Movies" tab on your iPod select to sync all movies file. To start the syncing process, at the bottom of the iTunes window click the "Sync" option located at the bottom of the iTunes window. The movie file will now be transferred to your iPod for you to watch.