If you want to start a catering business, you can easily convert a truck into a catering vehicle. This catering vehicle must meet food service regulations. Any truck or van of your choice can be used to create your catering vehicle, as long as it is done properly.
To convert a truck into a catering vehicle, you will need:
- Catering equipment specific to your business (food trunks, ice cream freezer, vending cart, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies, such as de-greaser, bleach and water solutions and rags
- Propane bottles
- Select the truck. Since your truck will be representing your business, you want to choose a truck that has a decent appearance. If you need to make body repairs or have the truck painted, do so before anything else. You can have the logo painted on the truck or a magnetic sign made to advertise your catering service.
- Thoroughly clean the truck. Be sure to clean the inside and the outside. Use a de-greaser. You can also use a bleach and water mixture to really get the surface clean.
- Lay tile in the truck. Tile is very easy to keep clean. In the catering business, you are bound to have spills. Make clean up a snap by opting for smooth tile floors with dark grout.
- You will need to purchase all the necessary supplies to keep in your catering truck. A refrigerator, grill, utensils, freezer chest and vending cart are just some of the basics you may need for your business. Arrange the equipment so that it is easily accessible. Since you are a mobile business, your equipment will run on propane. Make sure you connect everything to the propane tanks properly. The tanks must be mounted to the outside of the vehicle to avoid any safety hazards.
- Once your truck is ready, contact a food service inspection company in your area. They will inspect the truck and make sure your catering vehicle is up to code. If everything passes the inspection, your license will be issued.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.