How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Chicken Filet
If you want to incorporate more bacon into your diet (and who doesn’t?), learn how to make bacon wrapped chicken fillet. With this tasty dish, you can enjoy bacon for dinner – and you’ll like a gourmet doing it. Eat them with a side salad for a healthy balance, or pair them with baked potatoes and Brussels sprouts, each sprinkled with crumbled bacon, for an all-out bacon extravaganza! You can even serve slices of bacon wrapped chicken fillets speared with toothpicks at your next cocktail party. Who says bacon can’t be fancy and delicious?
To make bacon wrapped chicken fillets, you’ll need:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 sprigs of a fresh herb like thyme, sage, or rosemary, plus 1 teaspoon of the same herb, chopped
- 8 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- A large, ovenproof skillet
- A basting brush or a small spoon
- A sharp knife
- When you’re ready to make bacon wrapped chicken fillets, preheat the oven to 400°. Place a sprig of the herb you’re using on top of each chicken fillet, then sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each fillet completely using two slices of bacon, starting at one end and rolling the bacon around the width of the chicken. Secure the ends of each piece of bacon by spearing a toothpick through the bacon and the chicken.
- On the stovetop, heat the skillet. Cook your bacon wrapped chicken fillets over medium high heat until the bacon is browned, which should take about five minutes. Watch the pan carefully to make sure the bacon doesn’t burn.
- Turn the each piece of chicken and put the skillet into the oven. Roast your bacon wrapped chicken fillets for ten minutes, until they’re cooked through. US food safety standards recommend allowing chicken to cook to an internal temperature of 165ºF to prevent salmonella. Remove the pan from the oven, and add 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 1 teaspoon of your chopped herb to the pan. Baste the chicken with this herb-butter mixture.
- Let the bacon wrapped chicken breasts sit for five minutes. Remove the toothpicks and throw them out, then slice the chicken thinly with a sharp knife. Arrange the slices on a plate, and serve them hot.
- Your bacon wrapped chicken fillets will be delicious just as they are. However, you can also serve them with a simple mushroom cream sauce, a shallot-sherry sauce, or another sauce of your selection for a more upscale presentation.