Knowing how to cook beef fajita for tacos will ensure that your tacos will be the highlight of any Mexican dinner. Beef fajitas give the tacos a more fresh vegetable taste with the beef whereas regular taco meat is more of just a spicy beef taste. The secret to the great taste of these beef fajitas are the fresh peppers and select seasonings you put in. These fajitas can be served on corn or flour tortillas, soft or crispy and they will be a crowd pleaser each and every time.
To cook beef fajitas, you'll need:
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 1/4 pounds skirt or flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
Place beef fajitas in your favorite taco shells and add slices of avocados and chopped tomatoes.
- Combine the first seven ingredients and mix well. Place in pan and add the steak. Cover with plastic and put in refrigerator overnight to marinate and tenderize the meat.
- Pour out the marinade and grill or broil steaks 4 minutes each side. Set aside steak and let stand.
- In same pan used for the steak, cook the peppers and onions till done about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain of the meat. Mix the steak with the vegetables and serve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.