How To Cook A Christmas Dinner Turkey
Do you know how to cook a Christmas dinner turkey? This recipe will show you how to prepare a delicious turkey on Christmas that will require very little ingredients. Most importantly, you will be able to enjoy your time with the kids and not worry about basting and stuffing your turkey.
You will need the following ingredients to prepare this easy Christmas turkey:
- 1 whole turkey
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 onions, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oven bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make sure your turkey is completely thawed and remove the neck and giblets. Wash turkey thoroughly inside and out.
- Place the oven bag on a large roasting pan. Line your oven bag with the sliced onions and chopped celery. You could also add carrots, apples or any other vegetable you may like.
- Rub your turkey with melted butter. You could use olive oil if you prefer it over butter. Sprinkle salt and pepper over your turkey. You can add some of your favorite seasoning, such as garlic or basil, if you like.
- Place your turkey into the oven bag. If you like stuffing with your turkey, it is recommended that you cook it separately. When cooking stuffing make sure you follow the ingredients on the box for the best results. Close the oven bag with the enclosed ties.
- Cut about three slits into the oven bag. This will allow the steam to come out.
- Allow your turkey to cook for about three to three and a half hours or until thermometer reads 165 to 180 degrees. Remove and serve your easy and delicious Christmas dinner turkey.