How To Cook A Christmas Ham
Ham is the traditional main course for Christmas dinner, and knowing how to cook a Christmas ham is very helpful information. This recipe is timeless and delicious. Holiday hams are traditionally garnished with pineapple slices and maraschino cherries. Doing so gives the ham visual appeal as well as adds a delicious, sweet flavor to the ham. Using pineapple and maraschino cherries to garnish your Christmas ham will also add a pop of bright color to your Christmas table. Using this recipe, you can even dare to use the main dish (Your Christmas ham), as the centerpiece for your Christmas table. Another great thing about this recipe is that it is incredibly simple and doesn't take very long at all to prep or bake.
To cook a Christmas ham, you will need:
- 1 ham (NOT spiral sliced)
- 12-ounce can of pineapple slices
- 8-ounce jar of whole maraschino cherries
- Large roasting pan with lid
- Turkey baster
- Small, sharp knife
- Using the knife, score the ham in a diamond pattern.
- Place pineapple slices on ham, ensuring that the slices touch each other. Use at least two toothpicks for each pineapple slice to secure the pineapple to the ham.
- Place one maraschino cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice. Secure the cherries to the ham, using one toothpick for every cherry.
- Insert cloves into the scores on the ham. Be sure to arrange the cloves in a decorative way.
- Pour about 1/3 cup water in bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place the ham in roasting pan and cover the pan with a lid.
- Bake at low heat, 300 to 325 degrees for one hour.
- Remove the lid and bake for an additional fifteen to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let ham rest for fifteen minutes before carving.