How To Cook Colorful Cupcakes
Learning how to cook colorful cupcakes can be fun for kids and adults. Colorful cupcakes are great for holidays and parties because they can be colored to match any theme. Best of all, it's easy to cook colorful cupcakes on a moment's notice and a small budget.
- 1 white cake mix plus the ingredients for preparation
- 3 bowls
- Food coloring
- 2 12-cup muffin pans
- 24 cupcake liners
- Mix the cake mix according to package directions and separate into three bowls. The mix in each bowl should be even.
- Add a different color of food coloring to each bowl of cake mix. Start out with a few drops and then add more if necessary. Different brands of food coloring create different strengths of color.
- Line the muffin pans with the cupcake liners and fill each with batter. Add 1 tablespoon of each batter, one color at a time, until all the batter is gone. This will give you three layers of color.
Bake according to package directions and frost, if desired.
- You can cook colorful cupcakes using only one color or you can split the batter into several bowls for several colors.
- Be creative and match the colors to the theme of the occasion.
- A toothpick can be used to swirl the colors together, after they've been added to the muffin pan, to create a tie-dye affect.
- These colorful cupcakes are wonderful for children's parties.
- Working with food coloring can stain countertops, hands and clothing. Use with caution.