How To Cook Curry Chicken
How to cook Curry Chicken like a pro can actually be easy. With the right know how and a little bit of attention to detail anyone can master this dish. When most people hear the word curry they think spicy, but spicy can be a really good thing. In this article you will find a way to master Chicken Curry and maybe one day offer it up as a main dish in your home cooking.
- 3/4 - 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks about 1 1/2 inches
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 10 baby carrots, washed, drained, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (traditional Indian yellow curry paste is best)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black or white pepper, to taste
- Ground coriander, optional
Heat up a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok. Once the oil is nice and hot add the onion to the wok until the onion is almost see through.
- Add the curry paste and stir-fry. Until you can smell the aroma of the mixture coming out of the wok.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for at least five minutes. This is to allow the chicken to brown with the curry paste coated onto it.
- Mix in the carrots and potatoes stir for a minute and then add the chicken broth, sugar, salt, and pepper. Place the lid back on to the wok and let stand on low heat for 15 minutes or as necessary.
- Make sure that the curry chicken is to your desired taste. Enjoy
The thing to remember is to always check and double check for taste to see if you like the way it taste. Add seasoning as desired and enjoy the taste of the new dish that you have learned how to cook. Hopefully this meal will be one that you want to take and keep for future use. Enjoy the meal and share it with friends and family.