How To Cook Curry Goat
Interested in learning how to cook curry goat? Curry goat is a popular dish in Jamaica, follow these simple steps to a delicious dish of curry goat at home.
Things you'll need for curry goat:
- Three pounds of goat
- Two small carrots sliced
- Four tablespoons curry
- Two stalks garlic
- Four stalks thyme
- Two onions chopped
- Two whole scotch bonnet pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and prepare goat. Cut into medium chunks or strips.
- Season goat with thyme, curry, garlic, pepper, salt and onions.
- Allow goat to marinate overnight in the refrigerator so the goat can absorb the flavors of curry, thyme, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Coat pan with olive oil.
- Heat stovetop to medium high heat.
- Place goat into pot, also the goat begins to brown add one cup of water and seasoning.
- Add carrots to pot, cook unto goat becomes tender.
- Mix whole scotch bonnet pepper in pot, let contents simmer for five minutes.
- Taste goat to see if it is tender enough to serve, if not allow goat to cook according.
Serve your curried goat with white rice or jasmine rice to complete dish. Other great sides to serve with curried goat are naan and melon salad with lemon yogurt dressing. If you'd like to make a gravy for your curry goat add 1 teaspoon cornstarch to pot to thicken up the juices from your goat curry. Trying goat curry maybe a new experience for you, but it just might become one of your favorite dishes to make.