Having a freezer stocked with deer steaks and knowing how to cook deer steak is the start to several wonderful meals. Deer meat is delicious, simple to prepare and versatile. There are several ways to prepare steaks, but the important part is to get the wild taste out and to cook slowly during the first part of preparation in order to get the meat tender. The following recipe will assure the next deer steak you cook will be tender, juicy and full of flavor.
To feed a family of four you will need:
- 4 deer steaks
- 2 cups of buttermilk (takes the wild taste out)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Plastic wrap
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- If the deer steaks are frozen, thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours before marinating. When the steaks have thawed, place them in a bowl large enough to lay the steaks flat. Pour the buttermilk over the steaks, making sure they are completely covered. Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Put the water, garlic and deer steaks in a skillet over medium-high heat (this tenderizes the steaks). When the water has evaporated (this takes about five minutes), reduce the heat to medium, and add the olive oil, salt, pepper, steak seasoning, onion and bell pepper.
- Remove the deer steaks from the skillet and place one per plate. Put some of the peppers and onions over each piece of meat. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
Deer steak is cooked to the same degree you prefer a beef steak. If you like a medium steak, cook the deer meat for five minutes on each side; a medium-well steak is six minutes on each side and a well done steak is eight minutes on each side.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.