Here are instructions for how to cook deer tenderloin. There is a strip of meat on a deer called the backstrap. It is also called the tenderloin. You need to know how to cook deer tenderloin so it doesn't get too dry. Deer meat does not contain a lot of fat so you don't want to overcook it. You will need to add a little fat to it while cooking to get the best flavor. First, prepare the marinade, then trim the tenderloin, add seasonings and cook.
Ingredients you will need:
- one-quarter cup of buttermilk
- one-quarter cup of water
- one tablespoon of finely chopped oregano
- two tablespoons of finely chopped mint
- two tablespoons of finely chopped rosemary
- one sprig of finely chopped thyme
- one teaspoon of dried rubbed sage
- one tablespoon of chili powder
- one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- one-third cup of olive oil
- Prepare the marinade for the deer tenderloin. The marinade to cook deer tenderloin is just a simple fifty-fifty solution of buttermilk and water. Start with one-quarter cup each and increase if you need more.
- Preparing the deer tenderloin for cooking. Trim the tenderloin. Use a very sharp knife to remove excess fat from the meat. You also want to remove the silver strap. Marinate the deer tenderloin in the buttermilk and water solution overnight in the refrigerator in a sealable bag.
- Slice the meat. Slice the tenderloin at two-inch intervals to make round filets. Flatten the deer tenderloin filets out by hand or a meat mallet. They don't need to be real flat, just enough so you can get more of the oil and herb mixture to cover them.
- Prepare the seasoning to cook deer tenderloin. Blend all the spices together well then add the vinegar and oil. Whisk everything together until blended well.
- Add the seasoning to the deer tenderloin filets. Put the filets in the oil and spice mixture and make sure they are all covered with it.
- Cook the deer tenderloin. Place the deer tenderloin filets on a medium hot grill for about five minutes on each side or to your liking. Watch them carefully because you do not want them to burn and get too dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.