If you wake up one morning and find yourself in the middle of a campground, don't feel that you have to hitchhike to the nearest fast food joint to have a great breakfast, you just need to learn how to cook eggs while camping. Eggs are a staple in almost any breakfast, and you don't have to miss out just because you're in the middle of nowhere. If you brought your cookware, cooking eggs over a campfire isn't that different than cooking them over your stove at home, but if you didn't bring a skillet or a pot, you may have to get a little more inventive.
Things you will need:
- Grill plate
- Lighter fluid
- Large rocks
- Build a cooking platform around the campfire area. Place some large rocks around the area where you will be cooking. You will need to be able to rest the grill plate across the rocks and over the fire, in order to give you a place to rest your cookware so you can cook eggs. If you can't make a complete circle, use rocks on two opposing sides.
- Lay the kindling out over the fire pit. Cover the kindling with the firewood. All the pieces of firewood should be about the same size. Smaller pieces are better, as they will turn into coals faster and you can start cooking eggs sooner. You can spray the area with lighter fluid, to make lighting easier, but don't overdo it.
- Light the kindling. Light it in several places so that the entire area is in flames. Wait for the flames to die down and only white coals remain.
Scrape the coals out to form an even layer.
Place your grill plate on the rocks and over the coals.
- Place your skillet or pan on the grill, and once it heats up, you can start to cook eggs. How you cook an egg will depend on the type of egg you want, but the simplest way of cooking eggs is to just drop the egg in the skillet and mix it with a fork.
Once the eggs are solid, they are done cooking and you can remove them form the heat and eat them.
- To cook an egg without cookware, poke a hole in each side of the egg with your knife. Thread a small stick through the holes and hold the egg over the fire. It will take about five minutes to cook eggs in this way. They will taste similar to boiled eggs, but with an obviously smoky flavor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.