To learn how to cook goat meat kosher, you must cook in a kosher kitchen and serve the meal on kosher dishes. Kosher food follows the Jewish Dietary Laws. Eating is a religious ritual. Blessings must be recited and certain foods must be kept separated. Goat meat is one of the few kosher meats.
You will need:
- Five pounds goat shoulder
- Two cups water
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- One and a half teaspoons kosher salt
- One quarter teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One onion
- Three tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- When you purchase your goat meat, make sure it is bought from a kosher butcher or certified as kosher goat meat. There is a certain process that must be followed when killing and butchering a goat.
- Make sure your kitchen, pots and pans, and utensils are kosher. You may need to put dishes and pans in a self-cleaning oven to sterilize. In some cases, it is easier to purchase and use brand new pots and pans.
- Season goat meat with kosher salt and pepper. Place the goat meat and chopped onion in a kosher pan. Add a small amount of olive oil. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink. For kosher goat, there should be no blood.
- Place the goat meat, onions, and water in a large kosher pot. Add the Worcestershire sauce. Cover. Simmer for five hours.
- You can serve the goat meat with a vegetable side dish or potatoes. The utensils and pans that touch the meat must not be used for the vegetables.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.