To learn how to cook goat meat kosher, you must cook in a kosher kitchen and serve the meal on kosher dishes. Kosher food follows the Jewish Dietary Laws. Eating is a religious ritual. Blessings must be recited and certain foods must be kept separated. Goat meat is one of the few kosher meats.
You will need:
- Five pounds goat shoulder
- Two cups water
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- One and a half teaspoons kosher salt
- One quarter teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One onion
- Three tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- When you purchase your goat meat, make sure it is bought from a kosher butcher or certified as kosher goat meat. There is a certain process that must be followed when killing and butchering a goat.
- Make sure your kitchen, pots and pans, and utensils are kosher. You may need to put dishes and pans in a self-cleaning oven to sterilize. In some cases, it is easier to purchase and use brand new pots and pans.
- Season goat meat with kosher salt and pepper. Place the goat meat and chopped onion in a kosher pan. Add a small amount of olive oil. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink. For kosher goat, there should be no blood.
- Place the goat meat, onions, and water in a large kosher pot. Add the Worcestershire sauce. Cover. Simmer for five hours.
- You can serve the goat meat with a vegetable side dish or potatoes. The utensils and pans that touch the meat must not be used for the vegetables.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.