Learning how to cook ham dinner for Christmas is not as hard as it seems. Ham is already cooked so you can concentrate on adding flavor to the ham. Of course, you must have a few delicious side dishes to go along with your ham dinner.
You will need the following items for the ham:
- 10 lb. ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- Baking dish
- Aluminum foil
Follow these steps to cook your ham:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Rinse your ham off and set it in your baking dish. The fat side should be facing up.
- Set your ham in the oven uncovered.
- Bake for eighteen minutes per lb. A ten pound ham should take three hours to cook.
- Mix your honey and brown sugar together. Brush it over your ham one hour before it is set to be done. You would do this after two hours for a ten lb. ham.
- Remove your ham from the oven. Use an meat thermometer to make sure the ham has reached 140 degrees F. internally.
- Slice and place on a serving dish after the ham has sat for twenty minutes.
You will need these items for your side dishes:
- 6 cups of green beans
- 6 strips of bacon crumbled
- 1 10 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 Tbsp. of flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Follow these steps to cook your side dishes:
- Place your green beans in a large pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for ten minutes or until tender. Then drain.
- Pour the cream of mushroom soup and milk in a small pot. Do this while your green beans are boiling.
- Heat the sauce through.
- Place the green beans in a casserole dish. Pour the sauce on top and then mix together.
- Top the green bean casserole with bacon.
- Wash and peel five large potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes and set them in a large pot of water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. This should take fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Melt your butter in a medium saucepan while the potatoes are cooking.
- Add your flour and mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour in your milk, but do it slowly. Stir continuously.
- Add the cheese when the sauce has thickened a bit. Keep stirring until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a casserole dish. Pour the cheese mixture on top.
- Toss the potatoes and cheese sauce together. Set in the oven for twenty minutes.
Serve this with biscuits and cranberry sauce.
You may also want to serve a salad.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.