Want to learn how to cook heart healthy pork steaks? Replacing beef steaks with pork steaks is a heart smart healthy food swap. Fire up your grill to get cooking your pork steaks, the other white meat.
What You Will Need to Cook Heart Healthy Pork Steaks:
- Thin Cut Pork Steaks
- Seasoning Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Paper Towel
- Large Bowl
- Large Plastic Freezer Bag
- Grill Tongs
- Meat Thermometer
- Foil Paper
- Rinse the pork steaks and pat dry with the paper towel. Place the pork steaks in the bowl.
- Trim off any excess fat. You will want to leave a little fat on for flavor.
- Pour the dry seasonings onto the pork steaks. You want the quantity of the dry seasoning to be enough to lightly cover the meat.
- Pour the Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil over the steaks. You want the quantity of the liquids to be enough to lightly cover the meat
- Rub the meat down with your hands. Make sure all of the pork steaks are coated with the marinade.
- Insert the pork steaks into the plastic freezer bags. Pour any excess liquids from the bowl into the freezer bag with the pork steaks as well.
Place the freezer bag into the fridge. Allow the pork steaks to marinate for a minimum of one hour up to 24 hours. The longer they marinate the more flavor the meat will have.
- Heat the grill 30 minutes before you would like to serve your pork steaks. You want an even steady fire to cook the pork steaks over.
- Remove the pork steaks from the fridge. Allow the pork steaks to come to room temperature.
- Place the pork steaks on the heated grill. Cook on one side for ten minutes
Flip the pork steaks over to the other side. Cook the pork steaks another ten minutes or until the temperature on the meat thermometer inserted into a pork steak registers 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pork steaks from the grill onto the plate and cover with foil. The meat will continue to cook and rise in temperature for ten to fifteen minutes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.