How To Cook Mexican Food
Learn about how to cook Mexican food to enjoy this delicious cuisine at home. Mexican food includes a variety of recipes from salsa, burritos, enchiladas, tacos, and so much more. The first thing to do when cooking Mexican food is to find good recipes that are easy to fix. Making Mexican food doesn't have to be time consuming or difficult. When you have located easy to make Mexican food recipes, you're half way to enjoying the food on your plate.
To cook Mexican food, you will need:
- Mexican recipes
- Ingredients for tacos: ground beef or chicken, taco shells or tortillas, spices, salsa, cheese, lettuce, sour cream
- Baking sheet
- Begin with a good Mexican recipe for the dish you want to make. If you eat Mexican food at someone's house, ask politely if you can get the recipe for the Mexican food or go online and look up recipes of dishes you enjoy eating at Mexican restaurants.
- Make Mexican tacos. Tacos are one of the easiest but most delicious Mexican foods. Start with 1 pound of ground beef or chicken. Brown the ground beef in a skillet then drain the fat. If using chicken, it's easiest to use leftover chicken cut into small cubes. Add ground 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to the meat. Add 1/2 cup of water and let the meat and spices simmer for 5 minutes.
- Warm the tortilla or taco shells in the oven. Turn the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the taco shells on a baking sheet and warm for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Add the meat to the taco shells. Place the meat in the taco shells. Top with shredded cheese and lettuce. Spoon on salsa and sour cream to taste.