Salmon is by far one of the healthiest foods you can eat and can also be one of the most delicious foods as well, so once you figure out ways to prepare salmon and so that it retains its nutrients, you'll want to learn new ways of cooking salmon, like how to cook salmon in the oven. With a high concentration of Omega 3 fatty acids combined with a lot of other nutrients, once you find out how to cook salmon in the oven you'll be doing so frequently to enjoy its benefits.
There are many variations on how to cook salmon in the oven but the following is a simple way that allows you to at least get some practice at how to cook salmon in the oven, or help you learn what sort of salmon recipes you'd like to use once you've learned how to to cook salmon in the oven.
What You'll Need When Learning How To Cook Salmon In The Oven:
- 1 Pound Salmon
- Lemon Pepper
- Dried Parsley
- Fresh Lemon Wedges
- Lemon Zest
- Tartar sauce
- 1 Oven Pan
- One sheet of aluminum foil to cover a small cookie sheet
- 1 Small Knife
- 1 Fork
- 1 Lemon Zester
How To Cook Salmon In The Oven Instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F, you may want to pre-heat it to 350 F depending on your personal oven.
- Cover the oven pan with one sheet of aluminum foil. This speeds up cleanup, since you prepare your salmon on it, cook the salmon on it, and then simply remove it from the pan and throw it away when you're done.
- Place your pre-filleted salmon steaks on the aluminum foil, and doublecheck for bones. If there's any skin left, you can slice it away.
- Wipe the stick of butter all over the salmon, covering all of it. It's recommended that you soften the butter in the microwave or in a pan before doing so.
- Sprinkle the salmon with a pinch of lemon pepper and a sprinkling of dried parsley. Have your lemon cut into wedges.
- Squirt some of the fresh lemon juice onto the salmon. Turn the salmon over to insure coating..
- Place your pan with the salmon on it into the oven. Set a timer or watch your clock until eight minutes have passed.
- To cook salmon in the oven, let it bake for about 12 to 15 minutes. At this point, check the salmon and season more if you'd like, also checking to see how much the salmon has cooked. If it still seems raw, continue baking the salmon and check it every two minutes. The salmon is done once it's flaky and tender.
- Remove the salmon and place it on plates. Do this carefully to avoid the salmon fillet from breaking or flaking.
- Sprinkle the zest of the lemon on top of the salmon and place un-used lemon wedges and tartar sauce onto the plate next to the salmon.
Tips For Cooking Salmon In the Oven
- If you don't want to use butter, try olive oil, as it keeps the salmon from drying out.
- Even though salmon is a fish, it should still have an "ocean" like smell to it and shouldn't smell too "fishy". If it smells bad or has developed a slippery, slimy coating, then it's probably bad.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.