Don't break the bank with restaurant dining when you can learn how to cook shredded beef tacos in your own kitchen. Get the meat prepped in the morning and set it to cook while you're away and come home to a nearly completed meal.
To Make Shredded Beef Tacos, you need:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 crushed chipotle bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (vegetable or olive)
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- flour tortillas or crunchy taco shells
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
Steps to Make Shredded Beef Tacos:
- Remove the beef chuck roast from the refrigerator and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a pinch, you don't need to leave the meat out for 30 minutes, but it helps the cooking process.
- Mix the first five ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Dry the beef chuck roast with a paper towel and rub the spice mixture into both sides of the meat. Let the meat rest while heating the skillet.
Heat a large skillet (large enough to hold the beef chuck roast without crowding) with the oil over medium-high heat until the oil begins to shimmer and just barely to the point of smoking.
- Add the beef chuck roast and sear the meat for five minutes on each side. Don't disturb the meat while it's browning.
- Remove the browned beef from pan and place into the bottom of a slow-cooker. Leave the pan on the heat.
- Deglaze the pan with the beef broth, scraping up any browned meat bits with a spatula. Add the tomato paste and whisk into the sauce, reduce the heat to medium low and allow to simmer for a few minutes to slightly thicken.
- Add the diced onions to the crockpot along with the minced garlic. Pour the thickened broth over the meat in the crockpot. Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook on low for six to eight hours. It should be fork-tender.
Remove the beef from the crockpot and shred it with two forks to the desired consistency.
- Serve the shredded beef in warmed flour tortillas or crunchy taco shells with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese. Other optional toppings include sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.