Learning how to cook soup when camping is not too hard. First, you will need a few basic supplies that will help you be able to prepare soup, and these are simply basic cookware items that are found at outdoor supply shops. Then, you just need to follow a basic technique, and you can have great soup outdoors. Following is some easy advice on how to cook soup when camping.
How to Cook Soup when Camping: What You Need
- Cans of soup
- Wire rack
- Wooden spoon
- Can opener
- Buy all of the cookware supplies that you will need. You can easily transport these items in any hiking or camping backpack.
- When you are ready to cook soup when you are camping, you need to first build a small fire. Use small sticks as kindling, and use larger logs to really get it going.
- Once you have a fire, place the wire rack over the flame. Many of these racks, which are also great for grilling, have legs that can stand them evenly over a fire, but if yours does not, all that you need to do is use rocks or logs to prop it up so that it lies evenly over the fire.
- Open the can of soup, pour it in the pot, and set the pot on the wire rack, over the fire. Cook for a few minutes, until the soup is adequately hot. As it is heating, use the wooden spoon to stir it, so that it heats evenly, and does not overcook on the bottom. You may use the spoon to sample its temperature as well.
- Once it is hot enough, remove the pot from the rack, and pour the soup into bowls for anyone who will be eating the soup when camping with you.
Learning how to cook soup when camping is easy. All that you need to do is let it heat in the pot over the fire, and with the right supplies, this can take just a few minutes. Then, you and your friends can have great soup outdoors.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.