There are numerous options available to you when deciding how to cook a steak for breakfast. Steak omelets are a popular choice, but can be a bit complicated if you are not skilled in the kitchen. The key to breakfast is simplicity. This recipe, for basic steak and eggs, is a fast and delicious morning option, that will give you enough fuel to make it through the day. Aromatic steak seasoning and marinades are wonderful at dinner time, but a milder choice of seasonings will be better for your palette in the early hours of the day. Also, try this recipe on the stove. While grilling a steak will bring out a wonderful smoky flavor, the hassle really doesn’t pay off when cooking steak for breakfast.
To make steak for breakfast you will need:
- 2 steaks (Thin steaks work well for breakfast. They don’t take as long to cook, and are actually really easy to eat.)
- 4 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter
- A soft, rubber spatula. Anything with metal will puncture the egg yolk.
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Make sure you evenly distribute the sauce over the steaks. Rub the seasoning into the meat.
Heat 1 tbsp. of butter in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
At the same time heat 1 tbsp. of butter in a medium pan over low heat.
- Add the steaks to the larger pan and cook until browned on one side. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the steaks over and cook for another 2 minutes for a medium rare steak, and about 3 to 4 minutes for a steak that is more medium to medium well.
- While the steaks are cooking, gently crack the four eggs into the medium skillet.
- Cook the eggs over easy. The egg has an outer white and an inner white. It should be easy to see. When the inner white is solid (about 2 minutes), flip the eggs. Wait only 15 seconds or so, flip the eggs once more and then place them on the plate. Eggs over easy should have solid whites protecting a runny yolk, but if you are gentle, the yolk will not split until cut.
- Add the steaks to the plates and serve with toast or has browns! Orange juice is a tasty compliment!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.