You've just bought a large steak, so here is how to cook steak in the oven. Whether you are cooking rib-eye, sirloin, or round steak, these cooking tips can be applied to just about any kind of steak. Whatever your cooking experience is, these step-to-step cooking instructions are easy to follow and are geared for all levels of cooking. Below is a recipe you can use as a base to for cooking steak, and it can also be modified to your liking. So put your chef hat on and get ready to experience a tasty delight!
You will need:
- 1-2 pounds steak of your choice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely sliced
- 6 freshly peeled garlic cloves, finely diced
- roasting pan
- Start off by marinating the steak. Most marinades consist of an acid (lemon or lime juice, vinegar), an oil (olive, canola oil) and your choice of seasonings (paprika, ginger, oregano, cumin). Marinades are an essential in order to marinate steak.
- Place the steak in a roasting pan and pour the vinegar on top, drizzle with olive oil, add the chopped onions and garlic, and sprinkle with the seasonings. Marinate for a minimum of two hours up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for twenty minutes. Place the roasting pan with the steak in the oven and bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until steak has reached desired tenderness. Turn steak over in the middle in cooking.
- Allow steak to cool before serving after it has been cooked in oven. While you may very much want to indulge, the best part has yet to come! Not to mention, steak tastes better when the juices have settled.
- Complete the meal with a salad. As steak is very heavy and filling, a light salad is always a perfect compliment to any meal, especially steak.
If you really want to cook some good steak in the oven, throw in some chopped potatoes alongside with the steak. After all, what's baked steak without potatoes? Now that you have been prepped on how to cook steak in the oven, you can invite your friends over and show them your cooking skills!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …