How To Cook A Thanksgiving Ham Easy
If you don’t really like turkey, learn how to cook a Thanksgiving ham easy. There are many ways to cook a ham, but the easiest way is to start off with a pre-cooked ham. The results will be just like you cooked it completely from scratch. No one will know you went the easy route to cook your Thanksgiving ham.
To cook a Thanksgiving ham, you will need:
- Pre-cooked ham from the meat section. It will say pre-cooked or previously cooked.
- Heavy-duty disposable aluminum pan
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Honey, brown sugar, or both
- Meat thermometer
- Serving platter
- Preheat the oven. Turn the dial to 350 degrees.
- Put the ham in the pan. Put about 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the pan. Wrap the ham in foil or put foil over the pan and seal around the edges.
- Read the ham packing for instructions. You’re not really cooking, but it’s important to re-heat properly. It should take approximately fifteen minutes per pound to reheat and reach an internal temperature of at least 140 degrees.
- Put pan in the oven. Place on the center rack.
- Remove the ham from the oven after the time is up. Remove the foil. Double check with the meat thermometer to make sure it’s heated thoroughly.
- Coat with honey, brown sugar, or both. Pour the honey over the ham. Pat it with brown sugar. Skip this and the next step if you don’t want a glaze.
- Place back in the oven for five to ten minutes to melt the glaze.
- Remove from the oven. Allow it to cool enough to handle. Transfer to a serving platter. Enjoy!