How To Cover A Pool Table
Need to learn how to cover a pool table? Pool is a great past time to invite your friends over, though it has not always had the interest in greater society than it does now. If you've just bought the table, the cues, and the balls, your next step will be to lay down the felt for the table.
- First, you will need to measure the pool table itself. Get the dimensions in order to know how much table felt you will need to cover the table.
- Once you have the measurements, go out and begin to buy supplies. You will need the green felt (or any color you would like), a carpet knife or scissors, a pencil, sandpaper, large paper, and glue.
- Take the pencil and paper and start to trace out the length of the table. Make sure that you account for the side and corner pockets and leave some extra room.
- When you have your outline, overlay it on the felt. Cut the felt along the lines of the paper's dimensions, making sure that it covers the table.
- Place glue on the top side of the table. If you are replacing the felt, make sure that the previous felt is completely gone. Use the sandpaper to sand down the topside of the table.
- Lay the felt on the table and let set until dry. Once the table is dry, cut any extra pieces.
Knowing how to cover a pool table is helpful when not only setting up a table from scratch, but also when you need to replace the worn felt on the table.