How To Create A Catering Menu
If you want to learn how to create a catering menu, for all the hard work you put into it, you want to ensure it is both memorable and pleasing to your guests. If you are serving food, here an easy guide to help you create the perfect catering menu for your event.
- Consider the color of your foods. This can help with both presentation and taste. Foods in bright, vibrant colors are both pleasing to the eye and stimulate the senses.
- Figure out how much time it will take to prepare each dish and whether you can include items that you can prepare ahead of time. If you have a tight schedule, you want to include more dishes that you can prepare in advance. If you have a more flexible schedule, you can decide how much time you want to spend preparing your menu.
- Pick fresh, seasonal ingredients. These are always a highlight to any catering menu.
- Look at textures. Have foods available in a variety of textures such as firm, chewy, smooth, crunchy, soft and flaky.
- Stick to safe foods as your main dishes and you can be more adventuresome with your appetizers. This works especially well if you are unsure of all of your guests taste preferences or any food allergies.
- Acquaint yourself with the occasion and audience for the event. If the event being catered is a seven year old's birthday party, you will want to include many kid friendly foods that are easy to clean up. If it is a 50th wedding anniversary, it would be wise to discuss the palette of the celebrants and understand how they would like the catering menu to look.
- Enjoy your catered event!