How To Create Fillable Check Box in Microsoft Word 2007
Learning how to create a fillable check box in Microsoft Word 2007 is an easy thing to do. Whether you need a fillable check box for a creating a checklist or to make a form, it can be done in a quick amount of time with little work. Fillable check boxes help to make forms and papers look organized and professional. Just follow these simple steps to learn how to create a fillable check box in Microsoft word 2007.
To create a fillable check box in Microsoft Word 2007, you need:
- Microsoft Word 2007
- Click on the "Office" button. After you select the Office button in Microsoft Office Word 2007, select "Word Options". Next click the popular category button, and check the option for the developer tab on the ribbon to display.
- Go to the developer tab in the toolbar. First, click in the area of the document where you want the check box to display. Then in the developer tab, click the "Legacy Tools" button that is located within the control groups.
- Create a check box. Simply click the check box control. The check box will appear in the form where you selected for it to display in Microsoft Word 2007.
- Select "Legacy Forms" check box located in the top row of the gallery. In order to make the check box operate, click the Product Document button that is located to the right of the Developer ribbon. This will protect the document for filling in forms or the check box.
- Unblock macros if the check box will not work. In the second part of the gallery there is an Active X check box. This a macro security function, and if the macros is blocked, the check box wont work on Microsoft Word 2007. Usually macros are blocked by default; so make sure the macro is enabled.