How To Create An At Home Detox Diet
Learn how to create an at-home detox diet and enjoy a new level of health and vitality. Many people use a home detox diet every few months to remove toxins and other impurities from the body. Others find a home detox diet a great way to start off a long-term diet program.
- Create an at-home detox diet based on the length of time you want to dedicate and results you want to see. Some detox diet plans are designed to be completed in just one to three days. Other detox diets continue for a week or more and encourage continued, gentle detoxification throughout a larger weight loss plan.
Know the best foods for a detox diet. Design your detox plan around wholesome foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables. Some people include clear broths and soups in their detox diet as well.
- Choose easily digested food to eat during your at-home detox diet. Skip complex foods such as protein and dairy. Opt instead for juices which are easy for the body to handle.
- Understand that your body can not benefit fully from an at-home detox diet if you consume harmful chemicals during this time. Purchase organic foods for use in your detox diet. This eliminates pesticides, additives and similar products found in many foods today.
- Add an herb to your at-home detox diet to help cleanse the body. Choices include teas made from dandelion root or senna, along with tablets such as milk thistle. Try chamomile or malva teas to soothe and relax the body.
Drink plenty of pure, clean water. Distilled water makes a good choice during this time as opposed to regular tap water. Sip it slowly to avoid intestinal distress.
- Choose the proper time for your at-home detox diet. You should be able to focus on your body and health without outside stress or an overly hectic schedule. This is a time to clear unwanted debris from both your body and your life.
- Prepare for your at-home detox diet. Eat unprocessed, natural and raw foods for two to three days leading up to the diet. Take this time to cut back on or eliminate things such as tobacco, alcohol and caffeine from your diet.
- Some people do a water fast as an at-home detox diet, but this is not wise. Water fasts are hard on the body and can be dangerous. Check with your physician before beginning such a rigorous program and never remain on a water fast for more than three days without medical supervision.