Every good spy needs to know how to create spy gadgets out of household items for when Q isn't available to provide the latest gear. Whether you need to do top-secret surveillance or hide classified items and information, we've got you covered. Many household items are perfect for turning into clever spy gadgets; read on for some tips on taking advantage of the household items you deal with every day.
To create spy gadgets out of household items, you will need:
- A box of tissues
- A digital camera
- A box cutter
- An old book with at least a one-inch spine
- Make a hidden surveillance station from a tissue box. Pull the tissues out of the box. Set them aside.
- With the box cutter, cut a small, half-inch diameter hole in the side of the box. For this spy gadget to work properly, the hole should be at the level of your digital camera's lens.
- Set the camera to its recording setting. Place it inside the spy gadget box, with the lens against the hole. Stuff a tissue or two back in the box, partially sticking out of the top. This way, your setup will continue to look like a normal household item.
- Feign grabbing a tissue to start the camera in its camouflaged compartment. Reach in and nonchalantly press the button to start secretly recording.
- Make a spy gadget book safe from an old book. Open the book to about page twenty. Draw a rectangle on the next page that leaves a one-inch margin.
- Hollow out the pages in the middle of the book by cutting a hole that is about three-quarters-of-an-inch deep, on the line you drew. Remove the centers of the pages.
- Place secret items or information inside the hollowed-out book. Close it, and place it inconspicuously on a shelf of books.
In a pinch, you now know how to create spy gadgets out of household items. Now you have a few more covert ways to carry on your furtive spy activities.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?