How To Cure Dry Skin
Learn how to cure dry skin in some very easy steps. Dry skin is very unattractive and can even be itchy and irritating. The best thing you can do is keep your skin moisturized by following a very simple skin care regimen. The best part about this regimen is that these ingredients are readily available at the grocery store or in your pantry.
In order to cure dry skin, you will need:
- Vegetable shortening (Crisco or similar product)
- Kosher salt
- Very mild skin cleanser
- You will need to prepare your skin for allowing moisture to become absorbed. The best way to do this is to avoid using harsh soaps on your skin. Most of these smell great, but are very tough on skin. This is also true when harsh weather is a problem. Use a gentle cleanser on your skin while showering to help cure dry skin.
- Exfoliation is another great thing you must do for your skin. A very easy way to exfoliate dead skin cells and allow skin to absorb moisture is to exfoliate using kosher salt.
- Make a mixture of kosher salt and vegetable shortening. The mix should be very coarse with about a 50/50 ratio. Apply the mixture your to skin after using a mild cleanser. Scrub skin with mixture in the shower. You can use this on your entire body (avoid your face). This is a very simple way to remove excess skin and moisturize while in the shower.
- After you get out of the shower, gently pat your skin dry. The extra oiliness of the shortening will be removed. Wait until your skin is completely dry before getting dressed so you don’t stain your clothes. You can even use your favorite lotion afterwards for better results.