How To Cure Erectile Dysfunction
Looking for information on how to cure erectile dysfunction? Unfortunately, there are no cures for erectile dysfunction. However, there are plenty of effective treatment options that are available for erectile dysfunction. It is possible that you have an underlying medical condition that is causing your erectile dysfunction. If that is not the case, other direct treatments are available. Your doctor will be able to perform any necessary tests to find out what is causing your erectile dysfunction. Below you will find information about popular treatment options for erectile dysfunction.
To treat erectile dysfunction, you will need to:
- Visit a doctor
- Take oral medications, or
- Use penis pumps or penile implants, or
- Take a testosterone replacement
- Oral Medications. Oral medications are the most popular form of treatment for erectile dysfunction. You have probably seen television commercials for erectile dysfunction drugs. Oral medications are able to treat erectile dysfunction by enhancing the effect of nitric oxide in your body. Nitric oxide is a chemical that relaxes the muscles in your penis. When your penis muscles are relaxed, blood flow will be increased to your penis, which allows you to get an erection.
- Penis Pumps and Implants. A penis pump works by creating a vacuum around your penis that pulls blood into your penis. As soon as the penis pump helps you get an erection, you place a tension ring around your penis and have sexual intercourse. If a penis pump doesn't help your erectile dysfunction, penis implants are another option. Having an implant inserted in your penis is a surgical procedure that will result in you always having a firm, but bendable, penis.
- Testosterone Replacement. Your doctor will only recommend a testosterone replacement to you if a low testosterone level is the cause of your erectile dysfunction. If that is the case, testosterone replacement therapy could be an effective form of treatment for your erectile dysfunction.
- It is possible that your erectile dysfunction could be caused by depression, stress, or anxiety. If that is the cause of your erectile dysfunction, psychological counseling may be a good treatment option for you.