Many people who have been diagnosed with the disease have wondered how to cure herpes. Unfortunately, it is not possible to cure herpes, as it is a lifelong condition. Herpes can go into remission, sometimes for extended periods, but, once you have herpes, the virus will always be in your system. There are, however, a number of things that someone who has herpes can do to make outbreaks less severe, and possibly avoid them altogether.
- Consider medications that may help. Antiviral medicines can help alleviate the symptoms of a herpes outbreak, and promote healing of sores and blisters. Your doctor may recommend taking antiviral medicines just during an outbreak, or on an ongoing basis to help prevent outbreaks. During a herpes outbreak, Ibuprofen can help with pain and swelling.
- Try a sitz bath to alleviate the symptoms of herpes. Again, it will not cure herpes, but, sitting in a shallow, hot bath can make the lesions less painful and itchy. Simply fill the tub with a couple of inches of very hot water, then sit in it for about twenty minutes.
- Try to manage your stress levels. Stress and anxiety can trigger a herpes outbreak. Make sure that you get enough sleep every night. Avoid excess caffeine, as this can cause anxiety. If you still suffer from high levels of stress, look into stress relieving exercises that can help you stay more calm.
- Avoid oil-based lubricants and Nonoxynol-9. When shopping for lube to use during sex, make sure that the ones you choose are not oil-based and do not contain spermacide. Nonoxynol-9 can cause irritation to mucus membranes, which can trigger an outbreak. Oil-based lubes can cause clogged pores, which can also lead to herpes outbreaks. Oil-based lube also weakens condoms, making them less effective against sexually transmitted diseases.
- Take vitamin supplements to control outbreaks. Zinc and Vitamin C help support the immune system. Vitamin E can help heal blisters and sores. Combined with a healthy diet and exercise, these vitamin supplements can help control herpes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.