How To Cure Male Impotence
How to cure male impotence is an area of discussion that has received a lot of focus lately. Male impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED) is more common than expected. If you or someone you know suffers from this condition one thing to remember is that you are not alone. There are many ways to treat and cure male impotence ranging from lifestyle changes to medications. Here are some steps to take for curing male impotence.
What you should know:
- What causes an erection in men? The process of achieving an erection is a complex one involving neurotransmitters, smooth muscle tissue and the vascular system. In a situation that causes arousal, signals from the brain are sent to the muscles and veins in the penis. Blood flows into chambers of the penis and pressure causes this blood to stay and pressurize causing an increase in size and an erection.
- Understand what the causes of male impotence / erectile dysfunction are. The male erection is much more psychological than most people realize and this is where psychological factors can cause problems. Stress, low confidence and even performance anxiety can cause issues with the first necessary action taking place to form an erection. Other causes such as an enlarged prostate gland, vascular system disorders; diminished physical conditioning can affect the blood flow and smooth muscle tissue reactions necessary to achieve an erection.
Steps to take to cure or treat male impotence / erectile dysfunction:
- Talk to your doctor. Your doctor can run a series of tests from blood pressure, thyroid, testosterone and even depression tests. Yes, depression is a common cause of erectile dysfunction. There are actually ongoing studies and debates to decide whether erectile dysfunction is cause more by psychological factors or physical factors. In almost all cases your doctor will be able to find the causes and help you decide a path of treatment that works for you.
- Get Active. A huge part of the erection process is in the vascular system and the best way to get the blood flowing is through cardiovascular exercise. High blood pressure is also a known cause of male impotence and one of the best ways to control high blood pressure is through exercise. Exercise has a huge influence not only on recovering from male impotence but also performance levels.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. If you’re feeling the pressure to perform like a Hollywood heart-throb you may be setting yourself up for failure. One mishap or mistake can linger with you and the next time the nerves and butterflies get involved potentially causing performance anxiety to take over and cause a serious problem. Relax, it happens to everyone and has no bearing on your manliness.
- Lose the smokes. Tobacco products like cigarettes and chewing tobacco are linked to reduced blood flow and trouble with the vascular system and an indirect result is reduced erection capabilities.
- Talk to your partner. Healthy discussions with your partner can help them to understand what is going on. This leads to a more comfortable environment and support for your treatment plans.
- Kegel Exercises. Kegel exercises are specifically designed to work the muscles involved in the erection process. The most common kegel exercise is to use the muscle that controls urine flow. Practice by stopping the flow of urine during urination. This may seem odd and disgusting but this helps you to find the muscle involved. To exercise this muscle you can simulate this muscle contraction in reps. Start with five reps five times or you can squeeze and hold for a few seconds. These exercises can be done almost anywhere at any time.
- Work with your doctor and counselor as necessary. For physical factors affecting male impotence there are a number of treatments that can be done by your doctor such as prescription ED medications. Sometimes this may also be cause by a more serious condition that can be treated effectively by your doctor. Their advice and understanding is invaluable.