Men who are faced with the quandary of a tense foreskin may perhaps need to find out how to cure phimosis (which is the term given to the aforesaid tautness of the prepuce). Phimosis is a condition known only to uncircumcised men, and it arises when a man cannot retract his foreskin and expose the glans of the penis. If you’ve already had your peanut shelled, guys, this is a matter you’ll never have to deal with. However, the fellas who are intact should know what action to take to cure phimosis in the event they begin exhibiting symptoms.
Most males are able to draw back the foreskin by age three, so if you’re a teenager or grown man and discover you cannot retract the skin off the head of your penis, you could have phimosis. While the condition is occasionally hereditary, generally it transpires as a consequence of certain infections (such as balanitis); what happens is scar tissue will build up and break down over and over again, causing the normally pliant foreskin to become unyielding, painful, and stuck to the glans. Phimosis can also cause something called ballooning, which is when urine cannot be expelled properly and gets trapped within the foreskin, causing the tip of the prepuce to take on a balloon-like shape.
Some of the following supplies/tools may be needed to execute your treatment (based on whatever option you choose):
- Ice and/or warm water (for manual stretching since this will probably not be painless)
- Glansie (stretching device)
- Urologist on speed dial in case at-home healing fails
And then comes the actual cures themselves:
- Manual stretching. This is probably the most desirable treatment alternative available since there is no cutting involved and because it’s a do-it-yourself technique that doesn’t pose a health risk. What you do is very gradually broaden the opening of the prepuce (but not elongate it) so that it can be retracted from the glans and begin working again like a normal foreskin. There is also a device available to make foreskin widening faster and more successful that’s called a Glansie; it’s made specifically to deal with phimosis. As a final note on the DIY method: you have to be gentle with yourself. Forcing your foreskin down too hard could result in it getting stuck beneath the head–from here, blood circulation will be cut off, your penis will develop gangrene and may possibly fall off if you don’t get an emergency circumcision. This condition is called paraphimosis, so by all means, be careful with your junk.
- Steroids. Employing topical steroids and non-steroid anti-inflammatory medications has been found to be efficient in curing the bulk of phimosis cases. External application of medicated creams has proven to be useful as a treatment option. This is frequently used in combination with manual stretching for maximum possible success.
- Preputioplasty. There seems to be a “-plasty” surgery for almost anything you can imagine, and the foreskin is no exception. Done under local anesthesia, a slit is made vertically in the foreskin and artery forceps are used to widen the opening of said skin sheath. The rationale of this procedure is to loosen the prepuce sufficiently to make it movable without cutting anything off.
- Circumcision.If nothing else works to cure phimosis, this is a last resort–and it means losing your foreskin. Under anesthesia, you’ll have the prepuce cut off and the unavoidable wound stitched shut. Yes, your penis will have stitches in it, presumably not the most soothing thing to hear. This is done in only a small number of cases where stretching, topical treatment and minor surgery have failed…so you can relax since there’s a good chance your snakeskin will not necessitate bloody surgery.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.