Shingles is a painful infection that causes itching and burning and many people want to know how to cure shingles. Shingles is caused by the herpes zoster virus, which also causes chicken pox. Shingles usually appears on the chest and trunk area of the body, but can also be found in other places. It is important to seek medical attention if you suspect you have shingles.
You will need:
- Cayenne pepper
- Unscented, dye-free lotion for sensitive skin
- Preparing the cayenne pepper mixture. The reason behind using cayenne pepper or red pepper to cure shingles is the capsaicin that is found in red pepper. Capsaicin blocks the pain signals from skin nerves to traveling to the brain. You will want to mix one to two tablespoons of cayenne pepper to twelve ounces of lotion.
- Mixing the cayenne and lotion. Make sure you stir the mixture to evenly distribute the cayenne pepper throughout the lotion. The lotion should be pink when you are finished mixing.
- Applying the cayenne lotion. Evenly distribute the cayenne lotion over the infected areas of your body. This will help lessen the symptoms of shingles and promote quicker healing of this painful viral infection.
Tips & Warnings:
- Capsaicin has been approved to use for commercial products because of its effective treatment history of pain.
- Avoid wearing tight or itchy clothing while you have shingles to avoid irritation to the skin, which can further aggravate the shingles infection.
- Taking 1000mg vitamin C tablets daily can help alleviate shingles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.