How To Customize Sneakers
Custom sneakers are extremely hot right now! Celebrities and fashionistas all over the globe spend a fortune for unique custom kicks. If you want the look without compromising your life savings, make your own! With a few supplies you can easily customize your own sneakers to look just like the designers!
In order to customize sneakers, you will need:
- Pair of leather or vinyl sneakers
- Paint markers
- Can of clear coat
- Hotfix rhinestone
- Hotfix applicator
- The first step to customizing shoes is choosing your design. You can use existing designs as an example. The sky is the limit! Borrow and combine looks to create a look that is all you.
- Once you have the design, sketch the image on the sneaker. It is a good idea to do one shoe at a time. You may want to trace the design using tracing paper in order to get the exact duplicate on each shoe.
- Color in the design. Paint markers are proven to work best on shoes. You want to select a brand that has the right tip for your design. If your sketch is detailed, go with a fine tip paint marker. You may need to use a combination of different tips. Choose a fade-resistant, waterproof brand. Some of the best brands for this type of art are Pearlescent and Permapaque. When using paint markers, be sure to work in an area that is well-ventilated. Allow the paint to dry completely. This may be overnight.
- Add rhinestones. You can easily add rhinestones of any color to make your design pop. If you want a dazzling shoe creation, use Swarovski crystals to accent the sneakers. Hotfix rhinestones come in many various colors and sizes. The adhesive is already applied to the back. Once heated with the hotfix applicator, you can apply the stones precisely where you want.
- Once the design is completed, apply the protection. A generous coating of clear coat will keep your customized sneakers looking awesome.