How To Cut Holes In Jeans
The trends of holed jeans have many people wondering how to cut holes in jeans to look like they were bought that way. Many people cannot afford the designer price tags that come with the hole in jeans fashion, but it is possible to make a pair for cheaper than you would pay at a store.
To cut holes in jeans, you will need:
- Pair of jeans
- Razor Blade
- Fabric Marker
- Put your jeans on and mark the areas with the fabric marker where you want to have your holes. This is a very important step because holes you cut at the knee area are never lined up properly unless you sit down and mark the areas.
- Remove the jeans from your body. Never cut the jeans while you are wearing them. Wearing the jeans and bending, stretching, etc. in them while you are cutting can cause the holes to be misplaced. Not to mention you can run the possibility of causing injury.
- To make complete holes in the jeans, make a small slice with the razor and use the scissors to cut the complete hole out in the desire shape and size.
- To make holes slits with the white strings that hang. You will need to run the blade of the razor over the jeans following the grain. Keep rubbing the blade back and forth until you remove the blue coloring of the jeans. Once you see the white strings you can cut some of these strings so they hang next to the hole you have created.
- Give your newly acquired holes a fray looked. Using the blade on the scissors rub them back and forth over the holes to fray the material.