Learning how to cut a sweatshirt can give a new life to an old, never worn sweatshirt. Usually, people avoid throwing away old clothing due to sentimental value. By cutting up a sweatshirt, you can jazz up an old sweatshirt. There are many things you can make with a used sweatshirt.
To cut a sweatshirt, you will need
- A sweatshirt
- A pair of scissors
- Decide what you want to use the sweatshirt for. The possibilities are endless. Would you like to create a jacket, a top, a sweater for your dog, or a quilt?
- Lay the sweatshirt on a in front of you, on a smooth hard surface. It is recommended that you iron it beforehand to smooth out any creases that might interfere with your cutting. If your sweatshirt is hooded, make sure that the hood isn't causing the sweatshirt to bunch up.
- You should start by smoothing the seam of the part where you want to cut. If you want to cut the arms, locate the seam and make sure it is lying flat so that you can cut it easily.
- When cutting the elastic waist of the sweatshirt, you should start cutting from the end of the elastic band, working your way upwards to the seam. Upon reaching the seam, start cutting around it, being as neat as possible. If you want a vintage look, you could cut the seam by hand, which will cause it to fray and give it a grunge look.
- If you want to cut the neck, repeat step 4. Of course, you will need to be careful about the band around the neck, which will be smaller.
- If you'd like to turn your sweatshirt into a shirtless top, then repeat the above method and cut the sweatshirt at the seams. Of course, if you simply want to shorten the sleeves, then mark the place you'd like to cut with a pencil or marker, and cut around that point – ensuring that your cut is as neat as possible.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?