How To Cut A T Shirt
This article will teach you how to cut a T-shirt to turn it into something cute and funky. Although T-shirts are one of the most popular choice of clothing, most of them are rather boring. However, with a few simple cuts, and some creativity - it is fairly simple to turn a bland T-shirt into something snazzy.
To cut a T-shirt, you will need
- A basic T-shirt
- To start, lay the t-shirt flat on a table, right side up. Ensure that the seams at both sides line up. This will make it easier to cut the T-shirt.
- To begin, start cutting the neck of the T-shirt. Generally, T-shirts have a substantial neck seam, but that doesn't make it too difficult to work with them. Just cut right below the collar seam. Be gentle, as you wouldn't want to cause unnecessary and irreparable damage when cutting the T-shirt. From this point, you have a couple of options as to how you want to cut up the T-shirt. A popular option is cut a wide arc across the neck area, starting at one shoulder and ending at another. This gives an elegant and cute look, and can be worn alongside a tank top.
- Now for the sleeves. Generally, when cutting a T-shirt, you'd want to remove the sleeves altogether. But for the sake of consistency, you should simply trim them, but cutting alongside the seams of the sleeves, that prevent you from cutting too much or looking uneven.
- Now that the neck and sleeves are taken care off, you should turn to the overall length of the T-shirt. Even though shorter is better, you wouldn't want to cut your T-shirt to resemble a halter top. Cut about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the T-shirt, following the path of the bottom seam as you did when cutting the sleeves.
- Now you have successfully cut your T-shirt. You will be left with a long strip of T-shirt fabric, which you can wrap around your belt to use as a belt. With just a few basic snips, you managed to cut your T-shirt into an elegant and cute top.