How To Cut Toe Nails
If you can feel a scraping against your tennis shoe it’s time for you to know how to cut toenails properly, Cutting your toenails helps prevent infection or ingrown nails. Grooming your fingernails and toenails is just proper hygiene. Here are a few short tips on how to cut toenails properly.
To cut toenails you will need:
- Toenail clippers
- Scissors for toe clipping
- Use the right clippers. Toenail clippers are larger in size than regular clippers. To know how to cut toenails you need to use the right equipment.
- Cut straight across. While your toe may curl you don’t want to start deep on the corners and cut deep all the way across. This can lead to infection and ingrown toenails.
- Use short cuts across. How to cut toenails is to not cut across your nail like you’re peeling an apple. You want to use short cuts all the way across to keep things evenly.
- Leave your nails a little long. As you learn how to cut your toenails you’ll discover if you cut your nails too short, the toes rub against your shoes and it hurts. Leave a little toenail as you cut across.
- Cut when dry. Best time to cut your toenails is when they are dry and hard. If you cut them when they are wet you could cut too deep.
- Use a file. Just because women use files for their finger nails does not mean you can’t use a file to even out your toenail. How to cut your toenail is to cut evenly cut across the toe and file toenails at the end. There you have it!