How To Cut Your Jeans Into Shorts
Learning how to cut your jeans into shorts is simple. You can save time and money by using an old pair of jeans to make a new pair of shorts. Following these steps will have you wearing your new shorts in no time.
To cut your jeans into shorts, you will need:
- Tape measure
- Get a good pair of scissors. Having a sharp pair of scissors is essential when cutting your jeans into shorts. You want to make sure your cut is even and you don't need a dull pair of scissors to mess you up. You can find good, inexpensive scissors at most major retail stores.
- Measure before you cut. Whether you want your shorts super short or knee length, you need to measure before you cut. Put your jeans on and use a tape measure to mark where you will cut on both legs. Double check and make sure the marks are even, since you don't want to have uneven shorts.
- Lay the jeans on a flat surface. Make sure the jeans are nice and straight by laying them either on a bed or on the floor. You want the jeans to be as straight as possible before you start cutting.
- Cut where you made your marks. Take your time while cutting your jeans. You don't want to end up with zigzag cutoffs, so make sure you carefully cut your jeans.
- Make any adjustments. It's a good idea to try on your new shorts to see if they are even. If you decide you want to go shorter, just repeat the steps.
Tips & Warnings:
- It's a good idea to do a practice run on an old pair of jeans you don't intend to wear again. In case you mess up, at least you haven't ruined a perfectly good pair of jeans.
- If you want a more refined looking pair of shorts, you can always have the shorts hemmed.