It is easy to learn how to darn jeans, and darning your own jeans saves the hassle of sending them to a shop specifically to mend the holes and tears in then. All you will need to darn jeans are a few simple supplies and some patience.
To darn jeans, you will need
- A pair of scissors
- A sewing needle
- A denim patch
- A sewing machine or needle and thread
- To start darning your jeans, turn the jeans inside out. Locate the hole and lay the jeans in front of you, ensuring that they are flat. The hole should be facing upwards.
- You will need a denim patch that matches the color of your torn jeans so that it doesn't show. You can purchase one at a local market or use a patch from another pair of jeans. Ensure that the patch is large enough to cover the hole. Pin it into place so that it doesn't move.
- Place the denim patch upside down, over the hole. The patch should cover the hole entirely.
- Using the sewing machine, sew the patch. Set the sewing machine to a fine setting while making sure that the foot of the sewing machine is set to an embroidered setting. If you are unsure how to work a sewing machine, you could use a needle and thread instead to darn your jeans. Remember to use denim thread.
- If you are unable to find a denim patch, you can buy a denim iron-on patch from a fabric store. These can be bought in a variety of sizes and colors, so it should be no problem to find one that matches your jeans. You will just need to iron it into place, and you are done.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.