It is easy to learn how to darn jeans, and darning your own jeans saves the hassle of sending them to a shop specifically to mend the holes and tears in then. All you will need to darn jeans are a few simple supplies and some patience.
To darn jeans, you will need
- A pair of scissors
- A sewing needle
- A denim patch
- A sewing machine or needle and thread
- To start darning your jeans, turn the jeans inside out. Locate the hole and lay the jeans in front of you, ensuring that they are flat. The hole should be facing upwards.
- You will need a denim patch that matches the color of your torn jeans so that it doesn't show. You can purchase one at a local market or use a patch from another pair of jeans. Ensure that the patch is large enough to cover the hole. Pin it into place so that it doesn't move.
- Place the denim patch upside down, over the hole. The patch should cover the hole entirely.
- Using the sewing machine, sew the patch. Set the sewing machine to a fine setting while making sure that the foot of the sewing machine is set to an embroidered setting. If you are unsure how to work a sewing machine, you could use a needle and thread instead to darn your jeans. Remember to use denim thread.
- If you are unable to find a denim patch, you can buy a denim iron-on patch from a fabric store. These can be bought in a variety of sizes and colors, so it should be no problem to find one that matches your jeans. You will just need to iron it into place, and you are done.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!