Due to personal choices, you may want to know how to date and stay abstinent. While it may seem hard at first glance, being celibate and having a girlfriend can go hand in hand. With good planning and the right mindset, both you and your girl can wait to have sex.
- Have a firm conviction. There must be a reason why you want to stay abstinent while dating. If you are sure this is the path you want to take, have a firm conviction. If you waver, all the plans in the world won't stop you from being tempted to have sex.
- Make sure your girl is on board. If you are the one wanting to date and stay abstinent, make sure your girl agrees. If you're seeing a woman who wants to jump your bones every time you're together, this may not be the ideal relationship. Should your girlfriend be the one asking to wait to have sex, can you agree to her demands?
- Plan your dates. Your chances of success increase if you carefully plan out the time you and your girl spend together. Remaining abstinent while dating requires forward thinking and good planning. Do activities that keep your clothes on! Forget swimming at the lake and don't get into a hot tub together. Make sure you meet in public places and spend quality time that does not induce sexual feelings.
- Have little or no physical contact. Every man and woman has the ability to feel sexy, but horniness is increased through physical contact. If you want to date and stay abstinent, limit the physical contact. Don't put yourself, or your girl, in an awkward position by engaging in long make-out sessions. If you're sure you want to stay abstinent, you'll be taking a lot of cold showers and spending many nights alone.
- Take cold showers. The old rumor says taking a cold shower helps when you are dating and trying to stay abstinent. The truth is, stepping into a cold shower will surprise your senses and keep sexual thoughts at bay. However, you're sure to feel the urge again. In the meantime, a cold shower can help, but it is not the be all, end all for a horny guy.
- Masturbate. The best way to date and stay abstinent is to masturbate. Take care of yourself on a regular basis, and especially before any dates with your girlfriend. If you satisfy yourself, it can be easier to date and be celibate. The caveat is that you cannot spend all your time with yourself; make sure to get enjoyment from spending time with your girl, too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.